- Can I apply to less than 3 Institutes for Advanced Study?
- Is it possible to contact the IAS before applying?
- It is recommended to gather information from the Institutes’ websites and to contact them in case you may need additional information (e.g: specific terms and conditions).
- Can I send a paper application to the Programme Officer?
- No. EURIAS application and evaluation processes are online procedures.
- Can I send additional application material after the deadline?
No. for equity reason, all material sent to the Programme Officer after the deadline will not be considered.
- Can recommendation letters be sent by email?
- No. Recommendation letters are to be submitted via the application form. Candidates are offred two solutions: (i) applicants upload the letters themselves in a pdf format via the dedicated field of the application form, (ii) or they may enter the referees’ email addresses via the online application form. The referees will instantly receive an email containing a personal login for EURIAS interface. They will be able to upload their letter of recommendation (in a pdf format) in full confidentiality. Applicants will not be able to access these documents.
- Can I send additional background information in a language other than English?
- EURIAS is an international programme linking 12 countries, the application and evaluation procedures are conducted in English exclusively. However, publications can be provided in any language, when coupled with an English-written abstract.
- How long the Detailed research proposal should be?
- Maximum 5 pages / 10.000 signs. The presentation must detail the scientific goals of the project, the articulation to the current state of the art, the envisaged methodology, the expected scientific outputs and a bibliography (maximum 1 additional page).
- Is it possible to anticipate or to postpone the start of the fellowship?
- Fellowships will begin in September or October of each academic year (according to the host institution). However, the dates of your stay can be exceptionally negotiated with the institute. In any case, the Programme grants 10-month fellowships exclusively.
- Is there an age limit?
- Can I submit several research projects?
No. One project per applicant per year.
- Are collective projects eligible?
- EURIAS fellowship Programme grants individual projects exclusively.
- Definition of mobility
- Applicants cannot apply to an IAS located in their country of nationality and/or residence. Exception is made if they have not spent more than 12 months in this country during the last three years.
- Compulsory presence at an IAS
- You will be expected to be an active member of the IAS scientific community. However, if your project involves fieldwork, you may be allowed to be absent for several weeks, depending on the IAS internal rules.
- Diploma equivalence
- Candidates of Science and doctorates are considered equivalent to PhD.
- PhD training is not considered in the calculation of full-time experience years.
- Stipends are in the range of € 26,000 for a junior fellow and € 38,000 for a senior fellow. Exact stipend amounts depends on the host institution’s internal rules and national legislation.
- Shorter residencies.
- EURIAS Fellowship Programme grants 10-months fellowships exclusively.
- In case my application was unsuccessful last year, is it possible to apply again this year?
- Yes, but the Program will be equally selective. Unsuccessful candidates in previous EURIAS calls will have to provide strong additional evidence of their excellence in order to increase their likehood of being awarded.
- Are back to back residencies possible?
- Yes, however it may not be positively considered by EURIAS Selection Committee and by the IAS.